Effective Date: August 26, 2016
- Information that we collect when you interact with the Services
- How we use and process the information that we collect
- How we may share information with third parties
- The security of your information
- User Consent and Incorporation
Links to Other Sites
Information We Collect
We collect personal information if you provide it to us on our website. For example, you may provide personal information to us via the “Contact” and “Request a Free Trial” forms on our website. You may also provide us with personal information when you input information about yourself and financing parameters into our website plugin Services. If you are a dealership that uses our Services on your own website, you may provide us with personal information when you sign into your account and you may provide the Services with personal information about your customer and their preferred financing parameters. “Personal information” may include contact information such as your first name, last name, email address, phone number, credit-related information, as well as any other personal information you may input as free text in a comment box. Our website analytics tools may also automatically collect your IP address when you use the Services.
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site or online service to recognize your browser. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
How do I control cookies. Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Services.
How information is used
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Services to our customers and to you and to improve the Services;
- to operate, improve, and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- to provide you with information about products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Services;
- for research and analysis purposes;
- to communicate with users; and
Sharing of Information
We may share and disclose information as described at the time information is collected or as follows.
- With our Customers. We provide our car dealership customers with Services they can use to make the car buying experience more efficient and easier for consumers. Some of these Services are made available to consumers by our customers on our customers websites. When you access these Services on one of our customers websites, we share the information you input with that customer. This allows us to provide information about lease and financing options that may be of interest to you, and allows our car dealership customers to provide you additional information about products and services relating to vehicles in which you have shown an interest.
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share information, including personal information, with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Services, provide data analysis and research services, to send out email updates about the Services, provide marketing and advertising services for us, remove repetitive information from our user lists, and process payments.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Corporate Changes. We may transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated company (in each case whether in whole or in part).
Security of Your Information
We employ reasonable security measures designed to protect the security of information submitted through the Services. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for changes to or losses of data. Users of the Services are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any of our Services. In order to protect you and your data, we may suspend your use of the Services, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Services are restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen. No parts of our Services are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of thirteen.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents who provide certain types of personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about certain types of personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. To obtain this information, please send an email message to email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message.
Do Not Track
The Services does not support Do Not Track with respect to the Services at this time. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For all the details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.